Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:28:45 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@tutrp.tut.ac.jp>
Cc:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pw_user.c change for samba

At 7:06 PM -0800 11/27/02, Terry Lambert wrote:
>NAKAJI Hiroyuki wrote:
>  > My /usr/sbin/adduser, updated on Nov/23/2002 21:58 JST, does not
>  > call pw command. It adds account to /etc/master.passwd and
>  > invokes 'pwd_mkdb'.
>  >
>>  See 'sub new_users' function in /usr/sbin/adduser.
>
>There are two "adduser" scripts.  One is perl, and one was written
>to use "pw" and provide the same semantics, in a shell script, as
>part of the "perl purge" that happened recently.
>
>One of them pukes on the trailing $, and the other doesn't.
>
>It's confusing, unless you caught that we were talking about
>most recent -current.

Well, that implies the replacement script is not as flexible as
the perl script, which sounds interesting in and of itself.

I was in the process of taking Terry's earlier patch and adding
a few additional changes, but I was sandbagged by several hours
worth of interruptions.  I'm heading home now and won't be
checking email tomorrow, but if no one else solves this by Friday
then I'll have another look into it when I get back in.