Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:51:13 -0600
From:      Christopher Taylor <chris@earthbroadcasting.com>
To:        dave <dave@comsite.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: howto burn 100s of CDs at once?

dave wrote:

> We have a need to cut 100s of different CDs at once...it would be nice to
> ultimately have a system that will automatically insert a CD into a drive,
> burn it, and label it...all under FreeBSD...does some type of robotic
> mechanism exist that is compatible with FreeBSD?

There are solutions out there that will accept spools of 50 blank CD's
at a time. I doubt if any of these solutions will run out of the box on
freebsd, but with some hacking, you may be able to get them to work.

Here is a site that lists manufacturers of some of these products
http://www.yamahayst.com/techsup/duplicat.htm

--Chris

--

Christopher Taylor