Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 09:14:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Hetzels@aol.com
To:        rkw@dataplex.net
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: CVSup release identity

rkw,

We are having a discussion in STABLE about how best to track each persons
position in CVS, & CTM.  Basically, We would like to be able to do a

uname -r

which will result in the message:

FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE-AB

or

FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE (0360)

I suggested using the .ctm_status file as a permant part of the source tree,
because it does produce a # every so often during the day.

Could you please advise on how often the CTM deltas are created?

In a message dated 97-10-05 09:06:01 EDT, jkh@time.cdrom.com writes:

> I have no idea - I don't have anything to do with CTM delta
>  generation. :)
>
>  Talk to rkw@dataplex.net
>
>  				Jordan
>
>  > JKH,
>  >
>  >   Is there a cron job that checks the sources for changes since the last

> CTM
>  > update,  and if there is a change, create a new .ctm_status file, and
roll
>  > CTM delta.
>  >
>  > How often does such a job check the source tree? (Every couple of
Hours?)