Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:42:03 +0300
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua>
To:        Bsdguru@aol.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Imagestream WanIC-520 interface cards

(redirected to -chat. it's pity that there are no freebsd-flame@ redirected
to /dev/null;))

 Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 12:58:54, Bsdguru (Bsdguru@aol.com) wrote about "Re: Imagestream WanIC-520 interface cards":

> Thats pretty lame Matt.

I hope you're joking. (Otherwise you should carefully consider your own
lameness.;))

> sort of like saying unix sucks because of all of the
> bugs and growing pains over the years. Zebra has come a long way, and its as
> easy to configure as a cisco. Your problems with gated and BSDI have more to
> do with those organizations than anything else, plus it is stuck with an ill
> conceived interface.

There is a host near me who panic'ed each time zebra was running at it.
(I couldn't even understand core dump - stack and process list were filled
with garbage. Possibly, nlist was overwritten? And no disctinct diagnosis
was got from it...) Now it lives with gated without such strange problems.
This was only one small example. If you aren't lame you should understand
that external conditions can be so strange that cannot allow your The Only
Right Way.

> Lets face it, if cisco didnt tell you what to type into your config file
> almost noone would be able to get them to work either.

Do you work with cisco tightly? (Question maybe is rhitoric)

/netch