Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 09:22:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need more DK440LX sound help...

So, this time, I am posting this to -multimedia :-)

If the answers to what I am looking for are documented anywhere,
please, point me!

OK, I have a DK440LX motherboard, which has a build in crystal audio
board. I am running -current (as of last night).  Based on the
it, and set up my kernel to configure pcm0:

#controller     snd0
#device         sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
pseudo-device   speaker
# crystal sound
#device css0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08 vector adintr

dmesg says:

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC0b35 [0x350b630e] Serial 0xffffffff
This is a CS4236, but LDN 0 is disabled
Probing for devices on the ISA bus:

[...]

pcm0 not found

So, I don't think what I have is quite correct.

What I would like, is to be able to run the software under
/usr/ports/audio, most of which seems to want /dev/dsp to work.

What do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks,

+C

Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?  Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                  Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com          <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;