Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:52:24 +0200
From:      "José Mª Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0R on Iwill DBL100 or Asus P2B-DS ?

Hi FreeBSDers!

We are planning the purchase of five dual-processor PC-stations
which will run, of course, under FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE. Now we are
looking for a good motherboard. We usually work with two computer
suppliers: one uses Iwill motherboards, and the other uses Asus.
Then, our main options are the Iwill DBL100 and the Asus P2B-DS
(we want the SCSI bus).

Both motherboards are evenly featured. Both use the BX chipset,
admit up to 1GB of SDRAM, include an AIC7890 SCSI controller...
We have PCs based on the Iwill PIILS (LX chipset, monoprocessor,
AIC7880 SCSI controller), and they work fine with FreeBSD 2.2.7:
zero problems.

I would very grateful for advice or experiences with any of
these motherboards under FreeBSD 3.0. I must say that we want
to use the new PC-stations mainly for software development
and for running our {CPU,memory,disk}-intensive programs.

Cheers,
-- JM
José M. Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-944647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139