Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:03:07 +0100
From:      paolo tealdi <tealdi@sb.polito.it>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq DL370

Hello all.
I'm trying to annoy again with DL370 telenovela....

Today arrived me the first system and ... tadaa i tried to install 4.2 Freebsd.
All seemed to go well, no problem with SCSI DISK configuration at all, the
server bootstrapped very well (SCSI disk is seen by sym driver ...
but ....
I tried to recompile the kernel with SMP option and when i boot the new
kernel the system hung after written this little log

.... blah blah ....

real memory = 268419072 (262128 K bytes)
avail memory = 256995328 (250976 K bytes)
Changing APIC ID for IO APIC #0 from 0 to 8 on chip
Programming 35 pins in IOAPIC #0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 24 -> irq 16
IOAPIC #0 intpin 25 -> irq 2

sleep
--------------------------

What can i do/try ?
Is there any configuration to do on server setup to make the system
bootstrapping ?
A kernel debugging can be useful (i don't know if it is possible to do
kernel debugging at boot startup) ?

Very nasty things ....

Best regards,

Paolo Tealdi

Ing. Paolo Tealdi       Library & News System Administrator
Politecnico Torino      Phone : +39-011-5646714 , FAX : +39-011-5646799
C.so D. degli Abruzzi,  24 - 10129 Torino - ITALY Email : tealdi@sb.polito.it