Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:40:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Noir?= <acknak_halflife@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP in 5.1

Hi,

I am using PPP from the console mode to connect to my
ISP. The command that I use are:

Input:

>ppp
>set device /dev/cuaa0
>set speed 115200
>enable dns
>disable ipv6 # tried both with or without this
>disable ipv6cp # tried both with or without this
>set authname <user_name> # tried both with or without
this
> set authkey <pass> # tried both with or without this
>term
>at
>atdt<phone_number>

Output:

All I get is "CARRIER 115200" and the modem hangs-up
after a few seconds.

I tried the above both in shell and from within KDE
3.1 (xterm).

I also tried KPPP (ver. 2.1.2) in KDE 3.1. In KPPP I
tried different modes: PPP/ PAP/CHAP/ etc. The KPPP
log shows:

pppd daemon died unexpectedly. Exit status 1.
ppp0<-->/dev/cuaa0
PAP authentication failed.

I also have my p. dns and s. dns in my
/etc/resolf.conf file.

It's a FBSD5.1.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

--Noir.