Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:28:01 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acroread7

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> My German is only good enough to get the general drift; I missed some
> of the details.  I can't find confirmation anywhere else, anyway.
>
> Note that Acroread 7 is currently the only Acroread in the FreeBSD
> ports tree.

> > Acroread 7 is reported to be a Beta version issued for a Dutch customer,
> > German language article: <http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/57616>;

The article says essentially that the Acroread 7 download is a
pre-release, and the link to the FTP directory quickly found its way
into the public as it was accidentally omitted to mark it as beta or
pre-release. Heise references an Adobe employee on this.

On www.adobe.nl, the Linux-version is offered (switch "taal" = language
to "Engels" (English)). The final version is supposed to be available in
the middle of this year.

--
Matthias Andree