Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:32:14 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on boot changes

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 08:11:40PM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:
> | > device.hints
> |
> | You need to generate this manually from the old-style kernel config file
>
> So is there a docfile on this?  I was looking in /usr/src/i386/conf for
> NOTES and I didn't find it.  Nor did I see anything on device.hints.  My
> last cvsup was a night or two ago.

Since (as I have just checked) this change has not yet been backported to
-STABLE,
there is no need for it yet. I suppose by the time you will need to do it,
you will have the document:-) I was just assuming things without checking
because you were asking this...

> I also remember seeing something on drivers being moved to /boot as well?  I
> think sound drivers was the example. Is this for any particular sound
> driver or all of them?

If and when the modules move, they will move all. But I think this is still
-CURRENT only, unless I am mistaken:-) (I run -CURRENT as it is easy to find
it out...)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM