Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:40:44 +0800
From:      Chung-Kie Tung <tung@turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unable to boot FreeBSD CD on ThinkPad I 1400

Hello..

My notebook is ibm thinkpad i 1400 model 2621,
it has a build in ide cdrom.

When I boot the FreeBSD 4.1 Release CD on notebook,
the screen shows 'Invalid format' and doesn't boot.

Then I try this CD on a desktop and a compaq notebook(presario),
the FreeBSD boot smoothly. I assume the CD is okay.

The CDROM drive on my notebook can boot the Win2000 professional
 CD, RedHat Linux CD and a bootable dos CD created by myself without
any problem, so it should be okay too.

I also tried the FreeBSD 2.x/3.x/4.0 CD, all failed...

Any idea?

tung