Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 23:55:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: using ddb to debug a double-panic?

As Greg Lehey wrote:

> > . repeat the last `print' command by pressing enter only
>
> Lowbug does this already.  There are some complications: do you want
> the same area of memory (usually not, in the case of print, but maybe
> in the case of reading io ports.

The location counter is already counted up (if you issue the next
print command, it will continue where it stopped before), but the
implicit print command should better use the range from the last one
(as opposed to falling back to a range of 1).  This way, one could
nicely browse through a disassembled function or a larger block of
data.

I don't think any command should be auto-repeated.  The gdb'ism of
telling me ``Note: breakpoint <NNN> is also set at this location''
when hitting <enter> after just setting a breakpoint is rather
annoying, and in case of DDB, many of these auto-repeated commands
might be rather dangerous.

--
cheers, J"org