Date:      24 Mar 1999 22:27:25 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
To:        "Corey A. Christians" <cchrstns@sdln.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compiling perl on FreeBSD 3.0

"Corey A. Christians" <cchrstns@sdln.net> writes:

> Recently I tried to compile the newest version of PERL on FreeBSD
> 3.0.  = The problem that I cnofronted is that it would not compile.
> Has anyone = else run into this problem?  I finally went back to
> 2.2.8 and then Perl = compiled so it has to be something with the
> newest version.=20

You have not provided sufficient information to get help.

How did you build it?  From ports?  Or directly from CPAN
distribution?  If so, then:

Version of perl?  (``Recent'' is just not enough).  How did you do
Configure (command line options supplied, your responces which were
different from defaults)?  Did you try to build threaded perl?

That's all important.

Tell us more, and we will probably be able to help you.

--
Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen