Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:13:31 -0700
From:      "C Burchell" <chris@burchellfamily.ca>
To:        "'FreeBSD-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to customize 'pkg_add -r' for mailman

I have a FreeBSD 4.7 box with Postfix installed via the pkg_add -r
command - configured with no problems and works fine.  Postfix is setup
with user/group name 'postfix' and uid/guid 12345/12345.

I setup user/group 'mailman' with uid/guid 91 then installed mailman via
'pkg_add -r mailman'.  Everything else seems to work okay, however...

Whenever I try to send a message to a list on mailman, I get the
following error (snipped a bit):

<test-list@domain.name.hidden>: Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post test-list". Command output:
Failure
    to exec script. WANTED gid 26, GOT gid 65534.  (Reconfigure to take
65534?)

I gather the current mailman port pkg expects to be installed on a
system with Sendmail... So I think the mail-gid setting is fixed at 26
in the pkg_add script(?).  Is there a way for me to customize the
'pkg_add -r mailman' command so that I can include the make option
'--with-mail-gid 65534' so that mailman works on a system with Postfix?
Or is there another workaround.

I would prefer to use the pkg_add method, as it has other customizations
(daemon logo, etc.) that I prefer over the source compiled version.

Regards,
Chris