Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:30:57 -0600
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Require IPsec for NFS

Hi all,

I have a server that I want to mirror. I'm using NFS to connect the
primary server to the mirror. The mirror is the NFS server and the
primary server is the only IP address allowd to connect to portmap in
/etc/hosts.allow. In order to prevent IP spoof attacts against NFS, I
have IPsec setup between the hosts to authenticate the packets. That
seems to prevent IP spoofing.

I want to know if it is possible to require all NFS connections to use
IPsec or will this setup a reasonable way to protect NFS?

--
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator