Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:31:39 -0500
From:      "Scott Dodson" <sdodson@eagle4.cc.gasou.edu>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unable to shutdown cleanly

Hello,  I'm unable to shutdown cleanly.  What happens is I get the
message the following message and the system freezes.  I've used
GENERIC as well as a custom kernel.  If I shutdown to single user
then umount everything but / I still get the same problems.  The system
runs a background fsck after rebooting.

Last message I see :
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped