Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:36:58 +0100
From:      John McLaughlin <John.McLaughlin@Acucobol.IE>
To:        "Bruno Keymolen" <bruno@bm-titan.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Prosignia VS, EISA

 > Can you help me ??

 > I want to install FreeBSD 2.2.2 on Compaq Prosignia VS (32 MB Ram,
 > Integrated FAST-SCSI-2) controller, Integrated Netflex-L Enet
 > controller, The bus structure is EISA )

 > I tryed to install the scsi controller using the drivers that come
 > with the FreeBSD cd.  None of them seem to work. Is there a driver
 > availible for the Prosignia VS ?

	Yes, the aha. Unfortunately you also need an Adaptec 1542
:-(, there is no driver for the integrated SCSI controller.

	I installed one of these fairly recently, and had to do a
*lot* of messing around with Compaq configuration floppies to make it
recognise the Adaptec, telling it which slot it was in, IRQs, mem, DMA
etc (or some subset thereof). It eventually installed, and is now
working fine, though the whole experience increased my bias towards
Compaq somewhat.

	Once installed, the lnc driver can be used for ethernet.

John