Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 11:07:18 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Victor Feoktistov <feoktist@fly.triniti.troitsk.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal server

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Victor Feoktistov wrote:

> I have terminal server DECserver 200/MC.
> How i can load it from FreeBSD, or connect
> to FreeBSD system ?
>
> Thank's.

To the best of my knowledge this is impossible.
As far as my DEC memory goes, the 200 can only be booted using MOP and
only supports LAT for terminal sessions. You need 300 or better (and with
DEC, 90 is better than 300 BTW :-) to have Telnet support.
If I remember correctly, and there is no implementation of MOP and LAT
for FBSD (or is there one?) you can't make that work.
To load the 200 you'd need something that knows MOP (read as DEC made).
That could be (I *think*) a PC running PATHWORKS, or a VMS machine or an
Ultrix machine or a DEC UNIX machine, etc. You'll also need the boot
files for the DECServer 200. For it to be useful you'll need a server
that understands LAT.

If you have access to a working 200, you can verify my assumptions by
typing HELP at it, and see if it has the Telnet command, but I'm 99%
percent sure that this command first appeared on the 300.

Sorry
Nadav