Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:05:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      acmeinc <akme.inc@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACLs, permission mask and chmod g=

You may consider trying chmod 660 filename.

660 -----> UGW, user group world.  For each read, write, and execute is
given a number, 4,2,1 repectively.  So, 660 would result in rw-rw----,  a
popluar format is 755, rwxr-xr-x.  You would simply replace add the numbers
together for each division and place them after chmod and before the file to
give the permissions you would like.