Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:04:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Bjoern Fischer <bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Brian: pppoe question.

Brian, would it be possible to specify to ppp, an arbitrary node/hook on
which to attach the pppoe node?

(instead of, say, xl0:
I'd want to hook to etf0:pppoehook
(which may have been set up beforehand by a script)
(maybe a 'hookname' variable that is "orphan" by default..)
may also allow other types of tunnelling.

Julian
(if I had this I could probably do what Bjo:rn is looking for..)