Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        mmead@goof.com
Subject:   Proxyarp in -current (8/24) broken??

I have been trying to get proxy arp working again after upgrading my
-current from 5/14 to 8/24.

I have ip forwarding and proxy all turned on, and I can get from the outside
world into the internal network.  The appropriate static routes from the
gateway machine to the machines on the internal network are also present.
The traceroute works fine to all interested machines.
Outbound doesn't work though.  It makes it to the router machine
and then stops.

The internal machines ifconfig up on the outside world address, and then
ifconfig an alias for the internal network.  The internal network works
fine as does the outside world to the internal network.  I just can't
get from the internal network out.  All this used to work back in May.
Has something changed that I need to know about?? is anyone else
experiencing this??

Thanks.