Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:26:02 -0500
From:      David Jackson <djackson452@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Syinstall binary upgrade to FreeBSD 8.0

I would like to upgrade a 7.1 FreeBSD system to 8.0 FreeBSD using
sysinstalls binary upgrade feature. I would mainly for now would like to
upgrade the core OS and X and so on, but I still have some 7.1 binaries
that will still be on the system. Is there binary compatability with 7.1
binaries on 8.0. Binary compatability is pretty important to me.
Anything else i need to know about? As for why I am not using
freebsd-update, i did try it once it seemed as though it was going to
take 7 hours to update the system., when the old way will have it done
in 30 minutes. Thanks in advance.