Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 22:20:42 -0800
From:      PVinci@ix.netcom.com (Paul Vinciguerra)
To:        David Bauer <dabauer@hooked.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How do I access my removable drives???

You wrote:

>I just got FreeBSD installed on my system. Now, I found a book called
"BSD
>4.4-Lite CD-ROM Companion" which has all the documentation for using
the
>system. There's just one little problem, how in the world do I see my
>CD-ROM drive? The book says to enter the command "mount -r -t cd9660
>/dev/sd1a /cdrom" if your CD-ROM is on SCSI unit 1. My CD-ROM is on
SCSI
>unit 5, how do I access that? I tried to type in the command as shown
and I
>got an "invalid device" command.

I use a mitsumi drive and have to enter mount_cd9660 /dev/mcd0a /mnt
(or /cdrom)

>Also, how do I access my floppy drives

mount /dev/fd0a.1440 /mnt (or mount_msdos....)

and (most importantly, so I can do a backup) my Tape Drive (HP DAT
drive)??? (I have a Bernoulli too!)

I guess that for the tape youould need some /dev/st??

[I'm new to FreeBSD and am just trying to share my experience ... If
this is wrong or there is a better way, please let me know...]

Paul Vinci