Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:35:57 -0000
From:      "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
To:        tonys@loa.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ep0 crawling

Anthony,

In my Winbook FX (certainly no speed burner w/P133) I have 3c589d (ep0) on
the internal interface and Linksys EC2T (ed0) on the external interface.
The external interface is connected to my DSL modem.  The internal interface
is connected to my Thinkpad.  I don't know any techniques to measure
throughput, but I can get a full 140kBps (+ overhead is > 1.2mbps)
downloading from the Thinkpad through this setup when the Internet gods are
willing.

You didn't say what type of Thinkpad you have, but the ones I have seen
(like most PCs) have the sound on IRQ5.  I think a stock Thinkpad will have
IRQ9 and IRQ15 free, so why not try IRQ15 in your pccard.conf instead.  (Or
send us the full dmesg.)

BTW, IRQ3 often has a modem or serial port.  Are you sure that is free?

>ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
>ed0: address 00:e0:98:7c:01:dd, type Linksys (16 bit)
>ep0: <3Com Etherlink III 3C589> at port 0x240-0x24f irq 5 slot 1 on pccard1
>ep0: Ethernet address 00:60:08:de:a7:5f

HTH,

Greg