Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:59:51 -0500
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jhk@FreeBSD.ORG, gad@FreeBSD.ORG, reg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [patch] which package functionality for pkg_info

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:53:53PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 07:55:24PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > > Attached please find revised patch that uses matchinstalled() instead of fts
> > > loop. IMO the code looks much cleaner. I fixed several other issues as well
> > > (leak of opened file, useless snprintf(&a, strlen(b), b) useless include etc.).
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > done!
> >
> > one more thing.  i notice that matchinstalled() returns a null terminated
> > array of strings, but they don't seem to be being freed anywhere.  should
> > they?
>
> No, matchinstalled() does it automagically if invoked several times. ;)
>
> > +.Op Fl W Ar filename
>
> Probably should be ".Op Fl W Ar filename ..." (-W accepts multiple arguments).

well, it's not so much that -W accepts multiple arguments, it's that -W can be
specified a number of times.

i don't (offhand) know what it'll do for "pkg_info -W foo bar", since i'm not
on the machine with the code on it, i can't check at the moment.  i think i'll
treat the second argument as a package, not as a filename.  what it can do is
"pkg_info -W foo -W bar", which is why i left it as ".Op Fl W Ar filename".

> Looks almost finished, I'll look if I can commit it tomorrow.

cool!  it'll be nice to have this functionality.  any chance of getting it
(and your regex stuff) MFCed before 4.3?  i'd like to actually be able to sue
it, and i don't currently run -CURRENT ;-)

--
garrett rooney                        Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net          doing stupid things, because that would