Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:28:17 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposal 5: utils -> misc

 * I don't see any reason not to let you do what you want, but this change
 * seems to be a little more gratuitous than all the rest.  I mean, like you
 * say, everything is Unix is a utility, so I don't see where "misc" gives
 * any more or less info to users than "utils".

One, it will let porters think once more before adding stuff to it.
It wasn't a long time before it filled up and "sysutils" and
"emulators" were spawned off, and it's starting to grow again!

Two, it will provide a "catch-all" for things that truly don't belong
elsewhere, like "astrolog".

Satoshi