Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 17:46:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Rich Bud <rbud@fortean.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd sig 10 under stable

Rich Bud writes:
 > BTW, Craig Burgess posted about a sig 10 in natd back in february under
 > different conditions. I didn't see any replies, so i'm guessing this is
 > the same problem...

Probably, but this is much more useful information that Craig was ever
able to supply.  With your information, it may be possible to diagnose
& fix the problem.

 > Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
 > 0x120008614 in AliasHandleQuestion (count=1, q=0x11feb911, pmax=0x11feb926 "", nbtarg=0x11feb838) at /usr/src/lib/libalias/alias_nbt.c:290
 > 290                     switch ( ntohs(q->type) ) {
 > (gdb) ptype q
 > type = struct {
 >     u_short type;
 >     u_short class;
 > } *
 > q = (NBTNsQuestion *) 0x11feb911, q->class = 1, q->type = 0

This address is unaligned.  Is one of machdep.unaligned_sigbus
== 1, machdep.unaligned_fix == 0 true?  (or the uac equivalent)

If not, perhaps the unaligned fixup handler needs to be enhanced to
handle a new sort of instruction.  Can you disassemble the code at the
faulting PC & see what instruction generated the access, please?
(or enable unaligned printing via uac -p in the shell which starts natd).

Thanks,

Drew