Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 09:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      KP <keith_proffitt@yahoo.com>
To:        A-FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD  vs  Lenix

What is better for a person new to the *nix world,
Linux or FreeBSD?

I purchased the CD Box set (10 CDs) from BSDi and have
been trying to install for 2 weeks now, with no
success (See previous posting: "Kernel/Config Install
problems DFE-530TX+, fd0, config> di fe0, and more").

I spoke with a friend (AIX and Sol SysAdmin) about my
project and he suggested I drop FreeBSD and go with
RedHat Linux.  He said more companies migrating over
to the RedHat Linux than any other OS and that RedHat
Linux is close in understanding to AIX.

I am new to BSD and have no Unix background.  I have
invested time and money in trying to get the BSD OS
configured properly, but I am wondering if invested
unwisely.

Keith