Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:13:27 -0400
From:      Paul Halliday <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@Alfacom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Alpha PC164 sees only 1/2 of memory ANYBODY HELP ME!

Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> Sorry, it's not FBSD related but I just don't know what to do.
>
> The problem is like this: our Institute's server (old Alpha PC164
> under Linux RH 6.1) all of a sudden has stopped booting unless env
> MEMORY_SIZE in MILO is set to <=1/2 actual RAM. I'm getting a bit
> desperate about this - no experience with this arch at all :-(
>
> Please, some kind soul help me to understand this and (if at all
> possible) fix it.

	My only suggestion is to install FreeBSD. I myself own a pc164
running FreeBSD 4.0 and it works like a charm.

> TIA,
> Vladimir
>
> --

Paul H.

Don't underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org & transmogrify@sympatico.ca
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3E8B9
Public Key's available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/texts/public.html