Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:56:01 -0500
From:      Skylar Thompson <skylar@cs.earlham.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quota problems

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

I'm having some problems getting quotas enabled on a FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE
box. I already have quotas enabled on two filesystems, and need to extend
that to a third (presently unquota'd) filesystem. I added
"userquota,groupquota" to the line in /etc/fstab for the filesystem,
touched the files quota.user and quota.group, and rebooted. The sytem came
back up fine, but hung after a few minutes of normal activity. I rebooted,
and the same thing happened. Turning of the quotas on just that filesystem
solved the problem. Has anyone else had problems like this?

--=20
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI