Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2007 08:58:02 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Alex Keda <admin@lissyara.su>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is reason for fixed system data format?

--Az4VpBrmI9+OyhK/

On 2007-Jul-07 21:52:58 +0400, Alex Keda <admin@lissyara.su> wrote:
> I looks means for global change system date format (example -> 2007-07-07=
=20
> 21:48:58). But - it not exist.
> In code some applications I see fixed string for length date string (exam=
ple=20
> - ./usr.sbin/syslogd/syslogd.c).
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> What reason for use fixed format, and is exists plans for change this?

I presume you are referring to the time format returned by ctime(3).
This format is specified by POSIX and thre are no plans to change it.

You can create your own date formats (including locale variants) using
strftime(3) (available via the '+' options to date(1)).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--Az4VpBrmI9+OyhK/

--Az4VpBrmI9+OyhK/--