Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 19:06:53 +0400
From:      Kostya <xyboct@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   disturbing kernel messages

Hello everybody.

When I configured my kernel I completeley excluded SCSI and PCMCIA
devices, because I have none of them. Installation of a new kernel was
quite normal, but when loading my new kernel prints:

...3.4 RELEASE #1 Wed Aug 9 00:12:42 MSD 2000...
config> di zp0
No such device: zp0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help...

In such a form the following devices are reported: ze0, lnc0, le0, ie0,
fe0, ex0, ep0, ed0, cs0, wt0, scd0, mcd0, matcdc0, bt0, aic0, aha0,
adv0. I neither have any propietary cd-interface, my cd is quite
IDE-ordinary. To ensure, I even ereased all the lines with these devices
in my kernel configuration file, re-compiled and installed it again.

This, of course, is not critical, but a bit disturbing and I'd like to
know what causes these messages.