Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 02:51:02 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@wakky.dyn.ml.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Digital, Intel, Silicon Graphics (fwd)

On Wed, Oct 08, 1997 at 11:33:42PM -0600, Mike Allison wrote:
> It's all insipid, anyway.

Agreed totally...this is the sort of "why bother fighting about it, noone's
going to win" thread that happens day-in, day-out on comp.*.advocacy. It's a
waste of bandwidth, IMO, and I almost procmailed this thread because of
that.

> Who cares how many NTs ship?  Who cares what peaks?  NO ONE has FreeOS
> sales numbers because it's not a license, so it's ever irrelevant...

Amen to that...it would be nice to know what the FreeBSD userbase count is
like, but since it's not payware, noone knows for sure. The only sales
numbers that really exist, I would imagine, are for the CD sets, and that
would definitely be an understatement, since not everyone gets FreeBSD on
CD.

--
Lee C. -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet #watertower)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did