Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 06:19:49 +0100
From:      Alain Thivillon <Alain.Thivillon@hsc.fr>
To:        Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail refusing to deliver to domains without MX records

Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au> écrivait (wrote) :

> BTW, the 2.2.7-R machine uses the 2.2.2-R and 2.2.5-R machine as DNS
> forwarders. On a hunch I removed the forward clause from named.conf
> (BIND8), restarted named and did sendmail -q, but still the same problem.
   ^^^^^

> Thanks for any pointers to solving this odd problem.

Did you recompile sendmail ? Are you sur there is no mess between Bind8
includes and libraries and the original ones from FreeBSD ? I have
already seen what you describe in this case.

Check /usr/include/resolv.h, if this is bind8 version, you should link
sendmail with libbind.a.

--
Alain Thivillon -+- Alain.Thivillon@hsc.fr -+- Hervé Schauer Consultants
Pgp Key ID: 0x57155CC9                                            AT1718