Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:31:06 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        LutzRab@omc.net
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID Controller

Lutz Rabing wrote:

> After searching the mailing list, I still have no clue which RAID controller
> to by.

I think the DPT models are the only ones with native 2.2.6 support at present...
They have been mentioned quite extensively in the past... - Try searching the
lists for 'DPT'... ;-)

> We use 2.2.6 and need to setup a box with two 4GB drives. Speed is not an
> issue here, just security. Does anyone have a recommendation on a reasonable
> priced RAID controller that works fine with FreeBSD?

One of the 'entry level' DPT controllers should do that, have a look at their
web site (www.dpt.com) for more details...

There controllers have never been 'cheap' but they are very reliable, and offer
excellent performance...

Regards,

Karl