Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 23:53:41 -0800
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS bug with 2.2R

I seem to have run into a problem with NFS on 2.2R.

When I mount a NFS from a SunOS 4.1.2 system onto my 2.2R system,
if I try to do a "ls" on a long directory it just hangs indefinitely.
This is a problem with importing.

On the other hand, if I export my filesystem to a DEC Alpha running
Digital UNIX 4.0, a directory listing only lists the first 43 files
before it reports "Error 10003 occurred."

This happens with the latest 2.2R code.  On the other hand, with a 2.1.5R
system there is NO PROBLEM importing/exporting to these systems.
So some compatability or something has changed since 2.1.5 to make
this happen.

Steven