Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:36:19 -0500
From:      Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>
To:        John Bolster <j.bol@gte.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd can't bind to service

I am just guessing, but it sound like you have something running that
listens on the ports for bind.
This might be because you have bind (or djbdns) running as a daemon.
inetd listerns to all ports for the services defined in /etc/inetd.conf.
When it recognizes communication on a specific port it start the
associated daemon. So check /etc/inetd.conf to see which services are
mainted via inetd.

Jan