Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:03:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   inconsistant signal 11 exit during kernel build

I've noticed since upgrading to 2.2 that ports are not compiling as easily
as they did before, often quiting with errors.

Today I was rebuilding my kernal after changing the SCSI_DELAY to 5 from
15, and I got this error:

	Mar 28 19:56:17 ken /kernel: pid 1335 (cc1), uid 0: exited on
	signal 11 (core dumped)

I then remade the compile directory with config and recompiled the exact
same configuration with the exact same commands in the exact same way as
before, and it built the kernel without errors.

What does this error mean, and why would it not occur consistantly?

  Ken Marsh                    University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering