Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:58:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain-work.iafrica.com>
To:        David Langford <langfod@dihelix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Uninvited usage for sendmail

I'm including this reply to questions@freebsd.org because I thought
it might be useful to everyone else.

Any further queries, please direct to me.

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, David Langford wrote:

>Amazingly cool. Thank you.

Sure!

>>-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    56 Mar 25 14:40 LocalNames
>>
>>This is a file which contains all machines which we allow
>>to relay through us - i.e. they can send mail to people outside
>>the <whatever your domain is> domain

This is people who can basically use our SMTP server. So, for example,
if I put your domain in here, you could use my SMTP port to mail anyone
you like.

>>-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    24 Mar 25 14:40 relayto
>>
>>This is a file which contains all the machines for whom we retain
>>or accept mail. Usually for virtual domains, or if we're the backup
>>MX for someone

These are machines for whom we relay mail. Not really used if you don't hold
mail for or do mail forwaring for anyone.

---
Khetan Gajjar         [ http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan]
I'm a FreeBSD User!   [     http://www.freebsd.org    ]
PGP Key		      [finger khetan@chain.iafrica.com]