Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:57:43 +1030
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        Questions Free BSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firefox bus error

--nextPart2881759.0mqXGMiRhq

Hi,
I've just finished upgrading my ports after a cvsup a few days ago. Now whe=
n I=20
try to start firefox, all I get is
% firefox&
bus error

I did some googling & found this:

> i solved the problem i told you about switching CFLAGS from -O2 -pipe=20
=2Dfomit-frame-pointer to a more "standard" -O -pipe
> bye
>=20
> Eugenio
> eugenio.modesti at poste.it

Unfortunately that doesn't help, since my CFLAGS is set to -O -pipe anyway.=
 I=20
also tried renaming .mozilla so it could start from scratch, but that just=
=20
gave the following:
% firefox&
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared=20
library /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so=20
[/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined symbol=20
"XtStrings"]
firefox-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server :0.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Ian