Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:37:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> And as for the device renaming, you didn't have to change anything from
> sd->da.  The old device names and nodes were supported in most every way.
> There were a lot of mis-informed people on the lists who claimed that you
> had to change your device names.  That was completely untrue, and I
> attempted to correct people, but the myth and FUD continued to propagate.

Of course the whole idea of changing from sd to da was (in my opinion)
rather silly in the first place since it actually didn't achieve anything
except to make people wonder how such silliness was allowed to occur. (i.e
the pain far outweighed the asthetic gain, because there was some minor
pain and the asthetic gain existed in the minds of about 3 people on the
planet)

It would have hurt absolutely nothing to keep calling them sd0 etc.