Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:35:46 -0800
From:      Eric Webster <ericw@oz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Internet Configuration

Thanks to all who responded to my Installing From DOS Partition , I did get
that to finally
install using auto-defaults and setting my release name to FREEBSD ( then
it read it from
c:\freebsd). Anyhow now I am trying to get my net connection up here is my
setup.

Cisco675 DSL ---> Ethernet(3c509b) ------> BSD

my problem is that in my hosts file it does'nt have my gateway and when I boot
BSD it says its doing ip multicast to 216.39.144.255. One thing I am confused
on is hostname, I don't have a fully qualify name just an static ip. Anyhow
here is my details..

ip     -> 216.39.144.146
gate -> 216.39.144.1
dns  -> 215.39.128.2
subn -> 255.255.255.0

How do make this work in BSD ??? please help !!

Thanks