Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:36:37 -0800
From:      Mayo Jordanov <mayo@nfy.ca>
To:        java@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

Chris Dillon wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Randall Hamilton wrote:
>

>>  Generally, When a group of people(Read: Corperation) are looking
>>to finance and/or fund a major development process, they do so only
>>after they research WHAT they are doing.  The half ass approch of
>>saying "dude, you know anyone into this whole java thing?" really
>>does not cut it.  There is a reasons that corperations spend
>>millions on research, focus groups, and testing on any product they
>>release....anyone care to wager what it is?
>>

>Everybody who thinks the FF needed to first do more "research"
>obviously fails to understand the fact that they are volunteers, and
>they are already doing as much as they can on their own time, on their
>own dime.  Who is to spend the time to do this research?  They did as
>much research as they could afford and thought was necessary, and that
>research was to talk with their two contacts in the project.  That IS
>research.  Maybe, once the FF has large enough amounts of donations
>rolling in, they'll be able to distrust everybody they want to give
>money to and hire a private investigator to go around and ferret out
>all of the Black Helicopters.  Until then, they don't and can't.

Could you stop this discussion in this list already PLEASE? This is
getting totaly off topic, and I think that's what the -chat list is for.
I get enough email during the day, I don't need even more, and that's
why I did not sign up for the -chat list. And if I remember right, there
was number of requests to stop this discussion in this list already.

If you are doing reply to all just take java@freebsd.org out of the
CC/TO fields. It's not that hard. Someone who is on the the -chat list,
rely time message too please. (Don't think it will get there if I'm not
gined up)

Thanks,
mayo