Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:02:38 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Net connection problem: sis, miibus

Hi!

I have never used sis-based network adapter, so I skip the miibus stuff
(it seems very weird indeed)

> Also, one last thing, ifconfig says the sis is using full-duplex. Is
> that ok, if maybe not the other side can handle full-duplex?

If the other side cannot handle full-duplex, then this is definitely
*not* OK, and duplex mismatch can cause exactly the behaviour that you
described.

What is in the other end of the connection?

Anyway, try forcing the sis to the speed and duplex settings that match
the other side and see if the problems go away.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* 'Ome is where you 'ang your @