Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:25:12 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed installworld 3.4-stable

Hey all...

I apologize in advance for asking a question I think might have been asked
recently, but the mail list search is down.

I started to build/installworld today... the build went fine, but the
install is bombing with the following error:

===> bin/cat
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   cat /bin
/usr/obj/var/src/tmp/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /bin/stk26670: Operation not
permitted
*** Error code 70

Stop.
*** Error code 1

I tried going in and building/installing this file manually, and I
discovered that the object (the /bin/stk26670) filename changes each time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John