Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:17:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   RE: fxp0 hangs my AXPpci33

Koster, K.J. writes:

 > > I'm not sure if they're in RC1, but in any case they
 > > don't apply to this problem.
 > >
 > >From the discussion surrounding those patches I figured they wouldn't. They
 > were to fix lockups under load, and I have lockups on first use. I tried
 > anyway.

I think the problem you're having is that the host is unable to talk
to the card properly..

 > There were two sets of patches in the recent fpx0 related thread, one of
 > which made it into RC1, the other one I did by hand.

Those are 2 attempts to fix the same problem. The one that made it
into RC1 is the correct fix (IMHO, at least -- Hi Gerrard ;).

 > > Maybe try using IO space instead of memory space?..
 > >
 > Ehrm... I'm afraid that you are going to have to translate this one for me.
 > Other than shouting at the card through the little RJ45 hole, how do I go
 > about doing this?

I'll see if I can cook up a patch for you to try.

I'm suggesting this because it looks like the linux driver uses i/o
space (I have no idea if it works).

Drew