Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:44:21 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Steve Carter <scarter@globalcenter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup 3.1-STABLE

Steve Carter wrote:

> Updating collection src-eBones/cvs
> Updating collection src-secure/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>
> I believe I can assume that 'cvsup' is doing it's job and downloading the
> delta changes since last time I ran a 'cvsup'.
>
> My question now, is what the heck do I do to update my system with all
> this code :) now I have it?  I have tried:
>
> [root@brass]# export CVSROOT=/usr/home/ncvs
> [root@brass]# cvs co /src
> cvs checkout: cannot find module `/src' - ignored
>
> and
>
> [root@brass]$ cvs co /usr/home/ncvs/CVSROOT/src
> cvs checkout: cannot find module `/usr/home/ncvs/CVSROOT/src' - ignored
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

As I understand it the CVS actions are built-in. I.e. your system already
*is* updated. So all that remains is the making of world. Maybe the ports
too, but one would assume those being part of the world. Still, the Great
Designer(s) might haven thought that part of the Universe and not World.
Who knows? Maybe the manual.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.