Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:37:33 -0700
From:      elazich@AlaskaAir.com
To:        lconrad@Go2France.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: command line history

lconrad@Go2France.com writes:
>With csh, is there any way to scroll through the command history on
>telnet
>session?

>Len

csh lets you set your history as follows;

set history=20 (remember the last 20 commands)

You reference the commands by typing history at the command line (or
have an alias "h" that runs the history command for you.  This will
show you the last x number of commands you typed in which is
controllable with the history command. To rerun a command prefix the
command number with a !.  If you want to rerun your last command use
!!.  tcsh has a much better facility that lets you scroll through your
command list using either keyboard combinations or the up and down
arrow keys.  I'd suggest you get a copy of O'Reilly & Associates "Using
csh and tcsh" for all the details.

Eli