Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:50:52 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@opsec.eu>
To:        Pete Carah <pete@altadena.net>
Subject:   Re: if_em problems, both 7 and 8-stable

Hi!

> We are trying to use an intel platform as a router; this is a
> show-stopper.  I could try linux though I prefer not to...

We use Intel if_em with vlan interfaces on FreeBSD based routers,
both with i386, amd64, FreeBSD 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, on many different
boards and CPUs with good results for the last 7-8 years or so.

If you send a little more data (pciconf, vmstat -i, ifconfig -a),
maybe we find something.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                        10 years to go !