Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:47:19 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp server & windows

** Reply to note from Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org> Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:08:50 +0000

> I believe this is fixed in -current.  If you're not in a position to
> upgrade ppp, figure out what CCP compression you're using and
> explicitly disable all others.  I suspect this means you're using
> predictor 1 and have deflate enabled (the default), so try
>
>   disable deflate
>   deny deflate
>
> Hopefully this'll make the problem go away !

No, it didn't. I think the problem is on a lower level: I suspect, in fact, that the serial
link might not be set up correctly, however, it works if I dial in with a terminal.
I've found out the problem arises also with other clients and I resent my message to the
list with more detailed logs.

 Thanks a lot
	Andrea Venturoli